Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Love you, little one!

At the end of last month I had a song come to me. It’s one that I have wanted to write since June but words could not describe what was going through my head. Finally once I was able to clear my head and let go of some of the sadness, I have been able to write this song. For the past 2 years it seems like I had hit a major roadblock when it came to writing songs, but then this one just came. And I give all the honor and glory to God.
I have chosen to post the lyrics of the song on this day for a reason. Today would’ve been the day that I would’ve seen my little one. I know everything happens for a reason, but that doesn’t ever take the sadness away. But, God can. So anyways, this song is not only dedicated to Brighton, but also to any parent that has lost a child. (not only to miscarriage)

Verse 1:
How could you love someone so
One you didn’t even know.
Dreams of you every night
I don’t wanna let you out of my sight.


Chorus
Would I know you
Would you see me
On that bright shining day.

Would we run and play
Would you welcome my embrace
On that bright shining day.

I just wanna hold you
But I know that I must wait
To see your face.

Verse 2
Would I have laughed or cried
To hear your first whine.
Would “mama” have been your first word
My love could’ve been your whole world.

(Chorus)

Bridge/Verse 3
I don’t wanna say goodbye
Don’t wanna let you go. No, no, no, no.
(Chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment